Friday, July 10, 2015

What is GodLinks about?

The most commonly asked question from new believers is “How do I hear from God?”. 

The most common rejection of God is His apparent “invisibility, or inaudibility” to non-believers or skeptics. 

As a spiritual coach, I have realized over hundreds of sessions that the most common issue after learning about the existence of God, is how to hear from Him.

This blog is an attempt at explaining to the non-believer, the skeptic, the new believer, and perhaps even to seasoned believers, exactly HOW and WHERE God has manifested Himself in my own life and in the lives of  those around me: Not only in one or two ways, but in dozens of ways in everyday life and in the world around me.It is my attempt to help you link your own experiences and world with God.

My convictions are founded on the words of the apostle Paul in Ephesians 4:6 - that God "rules over all, works through all, and is present in all". God is present in all aspects of our lives. There's a word for it too: Omnipresence. (Eric Dunbar explains it beautifully in this article). 

So if God is Omnipresent, why oh why do believers and non-believers alike find it so hard to "see" Him? You may have tried for years to "hear" the voice of God. You may even have given up. Perhaps it is because you don't know where or how to look. No one has ever shown you, or helped you. I didn't know for years!

To be clear: I don't have all the answers, but I have some. I am not a Theologian or Preacher. I am a committed follower of Christ and I offer my own experiences and stories in the hope that they will be helpful to you on your own Spiritual Journey. 

It is my hope that my readers will see how God manifests Himself in ALL areas of their lives, and that this realization will spark further curiosity in, or a deeper understanding of this Almighty God of the Bible I believe in.

May God bless you as you seek Him further. 

Nick Kok, 

July 2015

PS: Enjoy the song below from All Sons & Daughters :) 




   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing God's heart for us to know Him more intimately. He is our Deliverer and our Saviour. In Him is perfect peace. God bless.

    ReplyDelete